As this policy refers to ‘we’, ‘our’, or, ‘us’ it is to denote Innovapeak, trading as Safefood 360° and any wholly owned subsidiaries. The headquarters of the company are in Dublin, Ireland, however, the company operates from multiple offices and areas globally. Address information for these offices are available on the Contact us page of the website.
Safefood 360 is an online food safety management system which stores food safety information about a company or individual (Site) as provided or entered by that company or individual. Safefood 360 will store information that is entered by you, or automatically imported on your instruction. The Data entered, or imported on instruction, by you remains your property and Safefood 360 will not use nor make available for use any of this information without your permission.
Under EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (henceforth, GDPR), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
The type of personal information we collect
For marketing purposes we collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our sites. We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, and automatically as you navigate through our Sites.
This information includes things like: email address, IP address, company name, and other contact details. This information may also contain information that you submit to us, such as the challenges your business is facing and the solutions that we offer that you are interested in learning more about.
Personal information we collect about you from others
On occasions, we may collect certain elements or categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular these can be from two main sources:
A – Third party service providers (such as Google or Facebook) which may provide information about you when you connect, like, engage or link with our content and the provider sends us information such as your profile information from that service. This information can vary and is controlled by that service provider and is authorized by you via your privacy settings from that service provider; and/or
B – Third party sources / and or partners globally. Here, we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law in the EU), such as demographic data.
How we use personal information
Cases where we will use your personal information are:
A – Where it is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interest. These include:
- Maintaining and operating our Sites
- Providing you with the services described on our sites
- Verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our sites
- Updating you with news and information about our Site and services. E.g., notifying you of changes to our Site, disruptions or updates
- Conducting analysis of the site to ascertain how the site, content, and services of the site can be improved
- Communicating with you by responding to comments, queries or other methods where a clear communication channel is being opened, such as a survey or questionnaire.
- Improving our product, services, and offerings of the site
- Providing general administrative and performance functions, as well as activities
- Where we are required to share your data by competent authorities
B – Where you have given us consent to do so
- Sending or providing you with marketing information about content, product or services which we feel may interest you
C – If required to do so by law and to responses by government, law enforcement agencies or other competent authorities conducting an investigation
Where/ When we disclose your personal information
When legitimate need arises we may share your personal information with the following:
- Subcontractors and service providers who assist us with the ways we use personal information (as detailed above). In particular, these include: website hosting providers which are located in EU and US; technical and customer support services located in the EU and US; marketing and analytics services which are located in the EU and US. Our subcontractors and service providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries from where they have operations.
- Our professional counsel and advisers, such as lawyers, accountants, and business advisers, which are located all in Ireland and the EU.
Where/When we transfer and/or store your personal information
Your data will be processed within Ireland, the US and UK, however, most processing will be performed centrally from our HQ in Ireland. The recipients above that we rely on are from these three countries, Canada or the larger EU as well. This is done on the basis that your consent to this policy acknowledges that we take care to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain the required standard of GDPR and general data security compliance.
How your information is secured
Your personal information is maintained on and stored on secure services managed by us and our service providers. Personal information that is stored and transmitted internally is protected by security measures, including password authentication, two-factor authentication, and/or data encryption.
How you can access your personal information
You have the right to make a request to us at any stage to access personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You may request that your information be deleted and ensure you will not be further contacted from the company unless you specify as and when, and sign up to receive our communications and materials again in line with GDPR compliance.
Marketing uses of your data
- Where we have your consent to do so (such as subscribing to our email lists or stating an interest in receiving offers and information from us), we will send you marketing communications by email about content, resources, product or services that we feel may be of interest to You. You have the right to opt out of these communications at any stage if you would not like to receive them. This can be done by using the ‘unsubscribe’ feature in the email communication.
- You also have the choice about cookies, as described below in the next section. You can modify your browser preferences which will allow you the choice to accept all cookies, be notified when cookies are set up (installed), or to reject all cookies.
The purpose of these cookies are to enhance your experience on our site and provide additional functionality that means you don’t need to re-enter your details each time you engage with our sites, or try to access the content or materials we offer.
When you visit our site there is certain information recorded which is often generally anonymous and does not reveal your identity to us. However, once you request more information from us and provide us with your contact details, we may be able to associate these histories together. These details include:
- Your IP address
- The date and time of your visit to our site
- The length of your session on the site
- The pages and resources you have accessed on the site
- The number of times you access our site within any month
- The file URL you visited and information related to it
- The website which referred you to our site
- Your device information such as operating system and dimensions of the screen on the device.
These cookies also allow us to gather relevant data that helps us serve marketing and advertising content relevant to your interests. We may use third party advertising or services to serve you ads based on your prior visit to our sites or relevant on-site messaging and content. This would include seeing content specific to your visit (or more generally) on another site, usually in the Google Display Network, after you have visited our site.
You may opt out of third party advertising cookies at any time by visiting the Network Advertising Institute.
If you prefer to change your browser settings, you can do this by the following links:
How long will your information be retained
We reserve and protect your personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the services and offerings you request, and to comply with legal obligations. If you no longer wish for us to use your personal information or to provide you with our content, offerings, or offers, you can request we erase your personal information.
When we must update this policy
We will need to change this policy occasionally to ensure it remains up to date with the latest legal requirements that will affect our holding of your data, as well as any changes to our privacy management practices.
When we do change the policy, you will be notified of these changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy shall always be available on this page.
How you can contact us
If you would like to contact us or have any questions about the privacy practices, or the manner in which way we manage your personal information, please contact us in writing at Safefood 360°, Unit 2-50, Rosemount Business Park, Ballycoolin, Dublin 11, or through our dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
Safefood 360 stores food safety information about a company or individual (Site) as provided or entered by that company or individual. Safefood 360 will store information that is entered by You, or automatically imported on Your instruction. The Data entered, or imported on instruction, by You remains Your property and Safefood 360 will not use nor make available for use any of this information without Your permission.
The Data entered, or imported on instruction, by You is stored securely in a database and is only accessible to any person You have authorized to use the Service. It is Your responsibility to keep Your password safe. Safefood 360, Safefood 360’s staff and Safefood 360’s partners do not have access to Your password and are therefore unable to access Your Organisation’s account or Data without receiving an invitation to do so from You.
Access to the Data may be permanently deleted by Safefood 360 30 days after You stop paying for the Service or at Your request.
Safefood 360′s servers have SSL Certificates issued by leading certificate authorities so all Data transferred between users and the Service is encrypted. However, the Internet is not in itself a secure environment. Users should only enter, or instruct the importation of, Data to the database within a secure environment. This means that Your browser must support the encryption security used in connection with the Service.
Safefood 360 stores your Data in the location Safefood 360 considers will give You the most efficient access from wherever in the world You may be. Access and storage controls via the Service are however administered by Safefood 360 in Ireland as the custodian of that Data. Where You access or input Data from somewhere other than the country where the Data is stored or to be stored, You consent to that Data being transferred from one country to the other (including via any intermediate country) as a function of transmission across the internet.
The Data entered, or imported on instruction, by You is stored securely in a database and is only accessible to any person You have authorized to use the Service. Safefood 360 will never access the details of any transaction entered and stored in the Service. Safefood 360 will never access system usage history for a specific identifiable user, except where granted permission by that person to assist with resolution of a system issue or error.
Safefood 360 staff and key commercial partners can access non-identifying and aggregated usage information and transaction volumes in order to better understand how our customers are using the Service so we can improve the system design and where appropriate have the system prompt users with suggestions on ways to improve their own use of the system. All aggregated usage information is stored in a secure data warehouse facility.
Use and storage of your personal information
When you supply any personal information to Safefood 360 (e.g. for request for information) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we use that data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it and will tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else.
In general, any information you provide to Safefood 360 will only be used within Safefood 360. Your information will be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted by law.
Third Party Services
The Service may contain links enabling the electronic transfer of data with third-party applications. Safefood 360 takes no responsibility for the privacy practices or content of these applications.
Safefood 360 reserves the right to change this policy at any time and any amended policy is effective upon the posting on this website.